Studying Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Child Care

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rajani

Studying Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Child Care

Post by rajani » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 am

Hi all,

This is my first post. I plan to start studying Cert III in Early childhood education and child care online. Does anyone know any cheap options? I am eligible for government funding. I live in Darwin, NT and there are so many agencies who employ someone who is currently studying towards their Cert III or Diploma in Child care.

Please suggest me.

Rajani

Lorina

Re: Studying Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Child Care

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 am

Hi Rajani,

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

I understand that you would like to study your cert 3 qualification which is fantastic! In regards to the cheaper courses, just make sure that you find one that is RTO approved. I would probably recommend looking into TAFE if it is a possibility. However, there are plenty of other options available, TAFE seems to be the most recognisable qualification.

Yes, you may be able to gain employment once you start a qualification because now you need a minimum cert 3 to be able to work in a service. It's good to hear that you have a lot of job opportunities!

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Studying Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Child Care

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 am

Also, sorry just wanted to add, you have the option of doing a traineeship. So this means that your work pays for your study (although you have to pay a nominal fee each year). So, that might be worth looking into as well. I do have some more information on traineeships if that is something you would like to consider. Another thing, you mentioned you wanted to do your cert 3, you can just do your Diploma because that has the cert 3 units embedded into it. So, instead of going from cert 3 then diploma you can just start on the Diploma itself.

There are a few options to consider!

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina