student aid as opposed to rely childcare course?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
staceyP

student aid as opposed to rely childcare course?

Post by staceyP » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:07 pm

silly question- i am near the end of my cert III in early childhood education and about to start my uni degree (batchelor primary teaching) doing the cert IIII in childcare was to get me out of my current job hairdressing. anyway- just come across the teachers aid.. would i have been better off doing that? as in, i have a few things to look at (my youngest is 2 and a half and wanted to be in a centre with her basically) and i have another 2 kids (6 and 9 this year) i was sick of working shift work, and the idea of 6-6 M-F is perfect! And i love children, and can't wait to begin my uni (there prob isn't enough time to do my teachers aid cert anyway) but thought id see what everyone else thought?

:)

Lorina

Re: student aid as opposed to rely childcare course?

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Well your youngest will be at a centre for a couple more years before she is off to school and during that time you can get your degree done and then maybe move onto primary school teaching with your degree... Are you doing an ECT degree?

:geek:,
Lorina

staceyP

Post by staceyP » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 pm

yeah thats what i thought too it'll work out perfect (i hope) cos i can do my first placement for uni in the kinder room at the centre i work at. then i do 3 more throughout each year. it will take 4 years full time so prob longer for me but i need to start somewhere lol
its a bachelor of education - primary teaching.
online w/swinburne
can't wait to get started..

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Yeah, it seems like you got everything sorted out with placement during your degree. It's important to work your study around your family commitments and it seems like you have done that! That's going to help in the long run!

Enjoy your studies!

:geek:,
Lorina