Starting Off

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
ebill7

Starting Off

Post by ebill7 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi I am currently a 14 year old student and I've read you can get a traineeship at this age so how do I go about because I want some experience because one day I want to hopefully run my own business. Also if this helps I live in QLD

Lorina

Re: Starting Off

Post by Lorina » Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi ebill7,

Yes, it's a great to start working in childcare especially if you want to run your own business. I have to say I'm pretty impressed to hear that because you're only 14 and it seems like you already know want you want to do in the future.
That's great!! I had no idea what I wanted to do, too busy playing kiss and catch with all the boys.... :lol: ....

I know you're eager to get started in childcare but unfortunately you're too young to start. You won't be able to start your traineeship until at least 18 years old. Since you know you want to work in childcare in the future you can think about doing some courses in childcare through TAFE. I remember when my sister was in high school for her elective in year 11 she picked a certificate 2 course in childcare through TAFE. If you have that option available when choosing your electives at school you should consider it.

I really admire your spirit and I really hope that one day you get the chance to open your centre!! ;) !

:geek:,
L.A

ebill7

Re: Starting Off

Post by ebill7 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks so much for your help :) and i hope so to