Online Study Course For Cert 3/Diploma

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
tinsel

Online Study Course For Cert 3/Diploma

Post by tinsel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi
I am currently working but would like to study either a Cert 3 or Diploma online and change careers. I have looked into Inspire but found bad reviews for them. I made enquiries with Tafe but the cost was too much, Cert 3 is $2000 and Diploma is $6000 and that is with the subsidy. Anyone else studied online and any recommendations.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Online Study Course For Cert 3/Diploma

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm

First off I would recommend you study the Diploma qualification. The Cert 3 units are embedded into it so you can be a cert 3 qualified educator when you complete those specific units within the Diploma itself and then continue onto the Diploma. Also, the Diploma gives you more job opportunities and a higher level of responsibilities...

As for which course provider, you would like to go with it's completely your call. You would probably need to call a few course providers and find out which one suits your needs. Everyone has different experiences with course providers so reviews can be taken lightly.

:geek:,
Lorina

Gykul

Post by Gykul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi Lorina,

Can someone directly go for Diploma without completing cert 3 in early childcare edu and care?

wolfiexox

Post by wolfiexox » Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 am

Gykul wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:00 pm
Hi Lorina,

Can someone directly go for Diploma without completing cert 3 in early childcare edu and care?
Yeah you can, I did. :)

Gykul

Post by Gykul » Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Ok.. Thank you Wolfiexox.

Manukaur
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Manukaur » Tue May 26, 2020 12:47 am

how i promote a sense of belonging and connectedness

BethG

Post by BethG » Thu May 28, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi,

This is my first post,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for certificate III in early childhood education and care - children health and safety , question 6.Question - "As a childcare worker, you will need to help provide suitable rest and sleep environments for children. For each of the following points, describe why those are important and what you would check to ensure the rest environment is set up appropriately"

I have ventilation, lighting but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for hygiene and safety ?

Kind regards
Beth

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 29, 2020 3:30 am

BethG wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:28 pm
Hi,

This is my first post,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for certificate III in early childhood education and care - children health and safety , question 6.Question - "As a childcare worker, you will need to help provide suitable rest and sleep environments for children. For each of the following points, describe why those are important and what you would check to ensure the rest environment is set up appropriately"

I have ventilation, lighting but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for hygiene and safety ?

Kind regards
Beth

This question has been asked before, see if the following helps:

Providing A Safe Sleep Environement

Lorina

BethG

Post by BethG » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks for your response. I read the link but it does not go into any details about hygiene and safety with detail to importance and checks that need to be done? could someone point me in the right direction as to where this might be so I can read up on it ??

Thanks
Beth

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Safety:

Encourage children to dress appropriately for the room temperature when resting or sleeping. Lighter clothing is preferable, with children encouraged to remove shoes, jumpers, jackets and bulky clothing. The room temperature will be considered to ensure maximum comfort for the children.

Encourage the use of sleeping bags for babies. If they have fitted neck and armholes there is no risk for the child’s face being covered.

Securely lock cots sides into place to ensure children’s safety.

Turn off wall-mounted heaters before children use the room for sleeping. Cot rooms will be air conditioned and maintained at an appropriate temperature.

Be aware of manual handling practices when lifting babies in and out of cots.

Participate in staff development about safe sleeping practices. The education and care service will access the SIDS & Kids resource kit and provide information to families on safe sleeping practices.

Follow SIDS guidelines recommending that necklace/bracelets (including Amber Teething Necklaces) must be removed while the infant sleeps at day or night. Necklaces and bracelets are a choking hazard.

Ref:Sleep and Rest Policy

Lorina

Ellenel

CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Ellenel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:25 pm

Hello,
I need help with this. Please! Thank you

List two (2) statutory policies that relate to your job role

My Answer was:

- Follow the National Quality Framework (NQF) and meet the National Quality Standards.
- Follow organisational policies and procedures.

But then my trainer sent me a feed back saying: (Please lest two polices, with their title)

I got confused

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:56 pm

Could it be something like:

Child Protection Policy and Procedure
Sun Safety and Clothing A&R

Lorina