How to finish in time

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
bella32

How to finish in time

Post by bella32 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:25 am

Hi feeling really down just needed to tell anyone that would listen. I'm a mother of 3 (16 month , 3 yo and 6) , started in2012 March, founding it very hard to study.
2012 needed to work ft to support us after birth of number 3 and haven't been able to stop plus last year was a ride off with my 3 yo getting diagnosed with Autism which mean dedicating lots more time with him for therapy, .....
I feel I'm in a predicament I need to finish the certificate soon to be able to continue working at the centre so I can keep on paying the mortgage and all the needs my son needs or have a different job that might not give me leave way to take my son for his therapy.
I'm in period 3 only and have 3 months left after my already extension. How do people do it? I need help on what to do please

Lorina

Re: How to finish in time

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:22 am

Seems like you really got your hands full but hang in there!! You only have 3 months left and then you will be qualified which means your wage will probably increase also since you will have completed your cert 3. I understand you're in a tough situation but you're so close to the end of your cert 3 try and find a way to finish it. Try and study at night or when the children are sleeping/ playing which I'm sure you most probably do anyway... When reading through the assignment question try and finish the ones you already know and can answer quickly or even write down your ideas and brainstorm first. then when you have some free time you can research the rest of the answer... The next 3 months may not be easy but at least you can try and get your qualification complete so you can move on and spend time with your family.

Also we are here to support you if you need extra help with your assignments...

Hang in there!

:geek:,
L.A

bella32

Post by bella32 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks LA

Mlj1987

Post by Mlj1987 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm finding it a bit hard as I get up at 3 am for work then have to have a nap when I finish, by the time I have dinner and study for a bit it's time to go to bed early to do it again the next day. I don't have any kids so I can only imagine how hard you are finding it! Last year I spent so much time on the modules and answering the questions - they don't even look at the books, only the assignments so a tip I got was read thru the module and highlight the things that relate to the assignment - then do the assignment. Dont worry about answering the book questions - saves a lot of research and pulling out ur hair! Hope this helps. Either way - hang on! At the end it will all be worth it. This is the sacrifice to get to ur goal. Good luck!