Hi,everyone!I'm new in here!

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
lizzie Lee

Hi,everyone!I'm new in here!

Post by lizzie Lee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello,everyone!

I'm going to studying cert 3 in children's services next month.I really want to work at child care.I applied childcare trainee couple months ago, but the agent ask me to do the cert 3 first.so I apply childcare course at TAFE.
I have a question.When do you start to look for a job during you study?In the middle of study or finish study?

can give me some suggest?
Thank you.

CRS16

Re: Hi,everyone!I'm new in here!

Post by CRS16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 am

If anyone is after some help with assessments re; Cert3, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Children's Services- please send me a message.
I currently Teach all of these and am happy to help where needed :)
Also OSHC Cert and Diploma.

Ta

lizzie Lee

Post by lizzie Lee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 pm

CRS16 wrote:If anyone is after some help with assessments re; Cert3, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Children's Services- please send me a message.
I currently Teach all of these and am happy to help where needed :)
Also OSHC Cert and Diploma.

Ta
Thanks CRS16!I am just start the course .if I have any problem I hope you can help me!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 pm

HI Lizzie Lee
I would put it out there that I was interested in casual work while you are studying - it will show you are keen and also help you with your assignments.
You may find it hard to get in somewhere without previous experience but even if you try volunteering somewhere (you will need you WWC and police clearance though)
It will be really helpful for you to get some work in the industry
Cathiek

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 am

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

I find it strange that the agent asked you not to do a traineeship. Do you know why she asked you to complete a cert 3 first? If you were to do a traineeship, you can work and study at the same time and also get experience working in a childcare centre.

It's not a problem to get your cert 3 first without having to do a traineeship. You are able to work while completing your traineeship you just need to apply at different centres and let them know that you are currently studying.

:geek:,
L.A

lizzie Lee

Post by lizzie Lee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi LA,

Thank you for replying!
Because I got a diploma in computer application at China and I wrote in my resume.so the agent said that i can't apply trainee ship.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm not sure what your diploma in computing has to do with your childcare traineeship. However, I do think you need to be an Australian resident to apply for a traineeship.

Anyways, you do have other options e.g. TAFE to get your cert 3, so no worries!

:geek:,
L.A