getting a job after completing Cert III via correspondence

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
RaRa

getting a job after completing Cert III via correspondence

Post by RaRa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Hello there :)

I'm just wondering what everyones thoughts are on getting a job after doing your Cert III through correspondence. I'm about to start mine & I guess I'm a little worried about not being able to find a centre that will take me on.

Has anyone found it tough with employers as you didn't really have the experience?
Are employers more inclined to over-look you as a potential employee if you weren't trained in a centre?

If anyone wants to share their experience that would be lovely & very helpful :D

Thank You :)

Lorina

Re: getting a job after completing Cert III via correspondence

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi RaRa,

I did my diploma through correspondence and I had no problem getting a job. I'm pretty sure you won't find it difficult getting a job. When doing your cert 3 through correspondence you will still need to work in a childcare centre as part of work experience, so you will have an idea and experience of what to expect when working in a centre.

Also when going for a job interview, if they like you and you are happy to work there full time, it shouldn't matter whether you completed your cert 3 through correspondence or TAFE. I do know that some people would rather employ someone who has completed their course at TAFE rather than through correspondence... I don't think there should be any difference as long as you are qualified.

A tip: Just keep applying to centres and you will find one... the right one will come along!

Good Luck,

:geek:,
L.A

RaRa

Post by RaRa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Thank you for your reply :)

I'm feeling a whole lot more confident about it now, & I'm so excited I cant wait to start my cert III :D

parth

Post by parth » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:52 pm

After you complete your Certificate 3, it is highly recommended that you go on to do your Diploma of Childrens Services as this will make it much easier for you to gain employment in the child care field and it will also enable you to perform more supervisory tasks.

Ester

Post by Ester » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm

I work full time and am currently completing my on line studies in Cert 3 because that was my only option at this time. I went out today to try and find places to complete my placement hours. I found two places and one offered me a job. So dont worry, it is possible.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I have done most of my study (Montessori Diploma, Cert III & Diploma of CS) through distance learning and have never found it an issue gaining employment.
I am now about to start my Bachelor of Education through online study too.
As someone mentioned during your studies you will do placements so will have actual experience so it makes no difference whether you did face to face study or correspondence study ... you still do the same placement hours either way.