doing Certificate III online

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
mellis77

doing Certificate III online

Post by mellis77 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 pm

hi guys,

im looking in to doing the Cert 3 online.
Does anyone have any opinions as to whether centres tend to stay away from people who have done it online, as opposed to doing it in a class room?
Obviously I would be completing the placement for practical experience. Also, can anyone recommend a good online facility where i should do it that has a good reputation in the industry??
Thanks so much

law92
Helper
Helper

Re: doing Certificate III online

Post by law92 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:21 pm

hi

i did my cert 3 online through kath dickson institute while working at a child care centre. kath dickson was good but the TAFE's are usually pretty good and are better well known in the industry. if you can say that you are studying through TAFE it might give you more credibility when you look for a work placement. All of the smaller private training organisations tend to have tedious assignments and they word their assignment questions in a hard to understand way, which are longer and involve more work than TAFE assignments. I'm doing my diploma through TAFE at the moment, and I can definitely say that it is much much better to study through TAFE than anywhere else. I think it might also be a bit cheaper to go through TAFE? I paid $1,700 for my cert 3 through kath dickson BUT i'm pretty sure that TAFE offers it for cheaper than that. My advice would be to absolutely go through TAFE. I know in QLD now they offer a Diploma Pathway qualification which combines the cert 3 and diploma into 1 qualification which might be worth looking into as well. As for centres staying away from you if you do an online course, it's actually the opposite in my experience! Centre's often want someone who can work any time, and they are actually more reluctant to take on students if they have TAFE classes to attend. I'm doing my diploma online so I don't need to go to classes so the kindy was keen to take me on for my work placement.

Good luck with finding a work placement and with your studies!

Kalle

Post by Kalle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Mellis77
Are you from Vic?
TAFE/online in Victoria might be very good, ask more people from Victoria.
If you are in Qld....... !!!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!! from TAFE North ......aaaaarrrrrrrr
Yes, and very good luck....
all the best Kalle

mellis77

Post by mellis77 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

thanks so so so much for your help!! Yes i am in victoria. How do i go about asking more people from Victoria? Can you do an online course through a tafe? thanks again. Oh and i am hoping to do the course online full time so wont be working at the same time at this stage.. want to try and finish it as quickly as possible so can start working in the industry.. i guess a traineeship is also an option, however i dont know how to go about finding one in VIC.. suggestions?? thanks guys

law92
Helper
Helper

Post by law92 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Kallie- does BNIT take a long time to mark assignments or something? Or do they have a bad rep?

LetitiaAnderson

Post by LetitiaAnderson » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks for the information. Even I am also looking to do a certification 3 courses in kids training these information will help me a lot.