CHCECE006 - Am I on the right path?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
AllyssaH

CHCECE006 - Am I on the right path?

Post by AllyssaH » Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am

Hello there!
I'd love to know how my answers are before I submit them. If I need to add or take from them? Or if I've missed the mark completely :giggle:
Andrew has just started at the centre. He is a very happy two-year-old boy, but when upset, he tends to bite others. A few of the parents have raised concerns that their child has been bitten. How can you redirect Andrew’s behaviour to ensure that the other children in your care are not harmed?
Spending time with Andrew to identify what may be causing his behaviour.
Conduct some observations of Andrew interacting with other children and educators to try and identify triggers.
Speak to a supervisor about your findings and suggest some positive reinforcement with a behaviour management plan.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE006 - Am I on the right path?

Post by Lorina » Sun May 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Yes you're on the right track with your response... you need to find the trigger, once you find the trigger you can develop strategies to support Andrew.

:geek:,
Lorina