cert 3 phased out?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Jennifer Warner

cert 3 phased out?

Post by Jennifer Warner » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 am

I just started my Diploma course in adelaide last week.

Our trainer said that cert 3 is being phased out, is this correct?

She said that everyone know just starts the Diploma course?

Mudarissa

Re: cert 3 phased out?

Post by Mudarissa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Yes its phased out. Cert III and the Diploma units are now combined. So that means you are going to do all the subjects again that you already completed in Cert III. 28 units in all. I managed to just get into the old diploma (18 units) after completing my Cert III in March. Only drawback, I have to complete it by December..... I hope that I can do it.....

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:10 am

A lot of institutes are still offering the cert 3 course... I'm not sure if it's actually been phased out at the moment, as a cert 3 is the minimum qualification required... I think that they combined the units in the diploma so you don't have to do the cert 3 course before doing the diploma... If they phase out the cert 3 qualification then all educators will have a diploma which is more pay and more expensive for employers.... I haven't read anything that has actually confirmed that the cert 3 will be no longer available... We need some clear information...

:geek:,
L.A

Jennifer Warner

Post by Jennifer Warner » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

thankyou

Enna

Post by Enna » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:58 am

The new Certificate III is called Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. It is an upgrade to the previous Cert III in Children's Services but is still a Cert III. I know of no plans to eliminate the Cert III and I would be very doubtful this would happen any time soon.