Anyone know of any Helpful textbooks????

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know of any Helpful textbooks????

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good textbooks to help me with my study.
I have 2 at the moment, The Big Picture by Karen Kearns and Birth to Big School by the same Author. I am interested in getting some more to help with my studies but I have no idea what to get or where to get them from... any help would be much appreciated :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Anyone know of any Helpful textbooks????

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Frameworks for Learning and Development by Kearns & Austin is also a recommended text

Sorry can't help you with more since I mainly have Montessori books that I read and reference or get info off my best friend Google :D

cuzican

Re: Helpfull Text Books

Post by cuzican » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi, try www.qtw.com.au and you could try Frameworks for Learning and Development by Kearns & Austin and also The business of childcare by Kearns & Austin.
Good luck.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Helpfull Text Books

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Do a search or go to a bookstore and browse
In my opinon any books that give you info, help about development, activities, crafts etc are useful.
There are soooooo many books and some may appeal to you more than others
I have seen some books that are just text text text and hard to read yet have good info and some which have the same info presented with pics and easier to read formats etc
I find resource books personal, what may be good for one person may not for another