Questions about Certificate III

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
patriciarose

Questions about Certificate III

Post by patriciarose » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:39 pm

Hello!

I’ve recently moved to Queensland and am thinking of getting my Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
slope
I’m hoping someone here has also taken this course. I have a few questions if you can please help. 😊

How long does it take to complete? I was thinking of doing it with ACCCO and they estimate FT=52wks, PT=104 weeks. But I have read others saying they completed in about 6 months.

How academic is the course? Did you find it difficult? I finished my UK Non Medical Maternity Nursing last year and found it not too bad. But it wasn’t essay writing, more making informational brochures.

What is traineeship/ apprenticeship option for delivery mode? Is this all hands on and you don’t have to do any assignments? Is this unpaid work?

Any other info you might have, I really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Lorina

Re: Questions about Certificate III

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi!

If you are doing the course by correspondence or online you can do this a lot faster than doing it face-to-face because it's all self-learning so it's based on how quickly you get through modules and assignments.

It's not difficult per se, the only difficult part is understanding the Regulations and Laws and the National Framework that needs to be implemented. It can be a little confusing however you can find a lot of information to help you understand the questions or complete assignments.

In regards to completing a traineeship, please see the following:Childcare Traineeship

Let me know if you have any further questions!

:geek:,
Lorina