SS020 - Resource collection - Placement Work

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kaybabe

SS020 - Resource collection - Placement Work

Post by kaybabe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 am

Hey my name is Kayla and im having trouble figuring out what songs to do and books. With these songs and books we need resources that go with the song and the book. We need 3 books and 3 songs and props to go with them. i have nearly finished my cert three in child care and i need help. We are being assessed by the teacher at work experience. Can you please help me with this. Thank-you so much. We also need to do a experience plan that goes with it. Has anyone done this?

Lorina

Re: SS020 - Resource collection - Placement Work

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey KK19,

Been pondering over your question and seemed to be having a mind blank but all of a sudden I came up with some ideas... LOL.. My centre recently purchased these large picture song books, which comes with felt props that go with the song.

Down by the Jungle

10 Fat Sausages

I am The Music Man

Them Bones

I can't remember off the top of my head who the authors are... sorry.. do you need to purchase them because they are quite expensive!

With the experience plan I think you just need to add the name of the experience, what resources you need, what to do, how many children involved and what the child learns through this experience.

Also, do you have a module number for this assignment and if you do could you please let me know so I can edit the topic heading. Next time, please remember to add the module number and the assignment question to the topic heading.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

kaybabe

Post by kaybabe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Yeh the module is SS020 its called Resource collection. i got 2 books in mind but i dont know what props to use for it. The books are called What do you do by mandy Stanley. and 4 dogs in a truck by wendy straw. i need one more book and im not too sure on my songs either. i want to base it on toddlers. :)
Thank you for ur help

kazvan

Post by kazvan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:46 am

don t know if this will help i have done this the book i used was the very hungry caterpillar and i got the felt props off of ebay song i done for toddlers was five cheeky monkeys and once again got felt finger puppets from ebay i also printed off monkey masks from internet just googled and found them some of the other songs you could use old macdonald and have stuffed animal toys i also used puff the magic dragon which is a book that comes with a cd so i used the book as my prop while listening and singing to the music another good one is the wonky donkey this also comes with a cd