questions about studying cert 3 and plans to relocate interstate.. help please

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mel_089

questions about studying cert 3 and plans to relocate interstate.. help please

Post by Mel_089 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.

I'm wanting to study for my cert 3 in childrens services and have a few questions, that i'm hoping someone here could help me with.

I'd like to begin studying asap and I'm looking to move to WA from QLD in the new yr around March, but would like to have started my cert 3 before then.

I will be studying online or via correspondence.
If I undertook my cert through a QLD tafe would I be allowed to gain my work placement to complete my cert in WA?

Also, Theres a course available that I could study to gain my cert 3 aswell as my diploma, and it's government funded. Cert 3 alone isn't government funded to my understanding.
Has anyone done a similar course, if so who through? and how long did it take you to complete firstly your cert 3, then your diploma?

I really want to be atleast half way through my cert 3 before relocating, as I'm pretty much wasteing time at the moment.
Thank in advance for any help.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: questions about studying cert 3 and plans to relocate interstate.. help please

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:07 pm

I would contact TAFE directly and ask them ... logically if you are studying online or correspodence it doesnt mean you have to be living in the state where your study provider is so I am sure even if you are doing your study through a QLD TAFE you should be able to do placements in WA.
On the other hand perhaps its best to start studying with a WA provider and that way it may be easier for you once you do move there.
Some states do Govt funding for some quals and some dont... so you may want to look that up as well...Im pretty sure in QLD a Diploma is funded but eg in NSW it isnt so check before starting.
Good Luck and let us know what advice you get as it may be useful to others