Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tags

Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Post by tags » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm

What strategies would you implement during the orientation process to be able to build trusting relationships with Matthew and his mother, Linda?
List five (5) strategies.

Lorina

Re: Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:33 am

tags wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm
What strategies would you implement during the orientation process to be able to build trusting relationships with Matthew and his mother, Linda?
List five (5) strategies.

I am not familiar with the scenario of Matthew and Linda but the following may help:

Get down at the child‘s level and talk with the child.
Warmly welcome the family into the room.
Begin to build a relationship with the family.
Discuss programs and routines for the room.
Discuss the child‘s additional or special needs, cultural requirements and personal idiosyncrasies.
Offer planning documents for observation.
Discuss the use of record keeping and observation to document the child‘s developmental progress.
Discuss safety, health and hygiene policies.
Discuss the child‘s storage of personal belongings.
Discuss room requirements (sleeping bag, lunches and morning and afternoon teas).
Introduce the child to other children.
Explore the indoor and outdoor environment and discuss the purpose of several activities.
Begin to build the family‘s and the child‘s confidence in you.

If these strategies dont make sense plaease provide me the scenario so i can offer more information.

:geek:,
Lorina