Long Term Behavioural Guidance Goal

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Brimaire

Long Term Behavioural Guidance Goal

Post by Brimaire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi everybody!

I am currently writing a long term behavioural guidance goal in my cert 3 trainee studies for a 2 year old in my service. They are displaying undesirable aggressive behaviours and regularly biting infants. My long term goal must include the following
a. Short description of the goal
b. Behaviour guidance and/or behaviour prevention strategies
c. Communication plans (how the plan will be communicated to the child, their family and other educators)
d. Time frames for when you hope to achieve the goal
e. Resources required to achieve the goal

I have written her short term goal as an example below, am I on the right track? And could anyone suggest some tips of a long term goal with the information provided?

Thanks, Bri.

Short term goal
For the child to reduce disruptive behaviours and develop effective strategies to express and articulate their emotions. The child will have increased supervision during transition times and a strong focus on LO5 – Children are effective communicators during their time at the centre to further extend on their language. To support the child with this we are regularly reading to and talking to the child to challenging their vocabulary. The child will be following their revised daily routine located in the Orange “Infant Documents and Routines” folder which includes references to her BETL’s profile written by their lead educator for further information to guide their behaviour. The child’s behavioural guidance goals have been communicated to the child’s family and educators in the infants from a verbal discussion and have printed documents relating to this goal. We hope to achieve this goal in the following weeks.