Learning Experiences During Routines

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Learning Experiences During Routines

Post by MJ1991 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I've got a question in my Provide care for children unit that I'm not quite sure how to answer as I don't really understand the question.

The question is:
List 4 examples of routines that might be carried out daily in an education and care service. List the types of learning experiences that occur for children during these routines.

So far I have answered the "examples of routines that might be carried out daily in an education and care service" part...
• Lunch time:
• Hand washing
• Rest time
• Packing away

But I don't really understand the second part of the question as I don't really know what a "learning experience" is, I understand that in basic form this would just be an experience that children learn from but I don't really understand it in this context and what "types of learning experiences occur" from the examples of routines I have given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Melanie

Lorina

Re: Learning Experiences During Routines

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:02 am

Hi Melanie,

So basically with "learning experiences", they want you to identify what the children could learn through the routine.

For example: Lunch Time

- taking turns (waiting to serve them selves)
- self help skills (pouring their own water into a cup, feeding themselves)
- social skills (sitting and talking with friends during lunch time)
- nutrition (talk about what vegetables and foods they are eating)

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina