HLTHIR404B - Work effectively with Aboriginal and / or Tores Strait Islanders

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Roxy

HLTHIR404B - Work effectively with Aboriginal and / or Tores Strait Islanders

Post by Roxy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi I am having trouble understanding what the questions below are asking for... I am not after answers, just wanting to know or have these questions written in a simpler format (basic), so I know what i am being asked for.. soooooooo would love some clarification eg why ,where etc

* The diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and cultures pre colonisation

* The difference between the legal doctrine of terra nullius and the act of invasion

*The effects of disease and genocide post colonisation

*The effects of government polocies (e.g, protection, segregation and assimilation on Aboriginal people) and how these policies have precluded Aboriginal people from participation in Australian society

* racism in terms of personal racism and institutional racism

*The impact of colonisation on Aboriginal and Torres Straits peoples in relation to their geographical locations

Lorina

Re: HLTHIR404B - Work effectively with Aboriginal and / or Tores Strait Islanders

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Roxy,

This is a tough one... I did do some research for you and I did find some useful information from wikipedia. In this article it provides detailed information on Indigenous Australians and it covers topics such as health, history, culture etc... Have a read through it and see if this helps with your question.

Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Australian

Let me know if you're having any troubles and I'll see what I can do...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Roxy

Re: HLTHIR404B - Work effectively with Aboriginal and / or Tores Strait Islanders

Post by Roxy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

My problem is ," I dont understand what I am being asked for at all!" What each question is asking for...lol

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Roxy,

I'm currently at work on my lunch break so I'll quickly try and explain each question to you... Sorry if it's a little rushed...

The diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and cultures pre colonisation
\

This question is referring to what the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and culture was like before the British arrived.

The effects of disease and genocide post colonisation

What diseases did the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people were affected by after the British arrived.

Sorry, I couldn't explain all the questions, however I'll get back to you after work to explain the rest...

Hope This Is Alright,

L.A

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 pm

yes now see that makes sense. Why they dont write things this way is beyond me. I will look forward to seeing the rest when you get a chance. Thanks again :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Roxy,

Back to your questions...

The difference between the legal doctrine of terra nullius and the act of invasion

I think this question is referring to the British legally taking the land from the Aboriginals and the difference between them stealing it and invading the land. If you're not sure just look up what terra nullius means.

The other questions are pretty self explanatory... Just read through the information I posted up previously and you should be able to find most details in there itself...

Good Luck!

L.A