Help plzz cert III childrens services

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hayley

Help plzz cert III childrens services

Post by hayley » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 pm

hi there just some help with a few questions i am stuck on.
Rich cultural influences continue to change the cultural practices in Australia. How
have these influences impacted on the early childhood education sector?

Language is a key issue when working with others in the early childhood education environment. It is important that all languages are supported and recognised. How does your organisation do this?

Why do you think it is important to have a good awareness of your own cultural
conceptions and pre-conceptions and perspective of diverse cultures as a community worker?

Thankssss x.x :wave:

Lorina

Re: Help plzz cert III childrens services

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi Hayley,
How have these influences impacted on the early childhood education sector?

Think about what we include into the childcare environment to include cultural diversity. Such as:

- Singing songs in different languages.
- Adding foods on the menu from different cultures.
- Providing different costumes from different countries for the children to dress up in.
- Providing resources and equipment that promote different culture. For e.g. adding multicultural foods in home corner, using multicultural dolls during play time, displaying posters that promote cultural diversity.
- Reading stories which include images from different countries.

You could use the above examples to discuss why we need to include cultural diversity in early childhood... promoting respect, being inclusive of all, having an anti-bias attitude.

It is important that all languages are supported and recognised. How does your organisation do this?

For this question I suggest you have a look at the following article available on this site called "Understanding the Early Years Learning Framework". Scroll down to the Learning Outcome 5 - Children are effective communicators and read "Educators promote this learning..." This should give you a few ideas on what to add to this response.

Why do you think it is important to have a good awareness of your own cultural
conceptions and pre-conceptions and perspective of diverse cultures as a community worker

Have a think about:

- What you know about your own culture?
- What do you know about other cultures?
- Any ideas you have about other cultures without actually knowing the facts.

You could use the above points to discuss that Australia is made up of a multicultural society and we need to enable children to be acceptant and respectful of all cultures through what we teach and say to the children.

Hayley, I understand that this is your first post and you're probably trying to complete your assignment. That's fine and we are more than happy to help. However we would really appreciate it, if you give us your understanding of the question in order for us to determine where exactly you need help. Also, for the topic heading I will kindly like to ask that you simply use the module number for this assignment and the assignment question. Please read our forum rules for more information.

Would you be able to provide me with the module number for this assignment so I can edit your topic heading...

Thank you for your understanding & enjoy the weekend!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A