Help please

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Needhelp2023

Help please

Post by Needhelp2023 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:29 pm

Hello im needing help with this part of my course, im stuck and not sure what to do
thanks so much

You are the Lead Educator in the babies room. You have noticed that a fellow educator is not maintaining the correct room ratio and therefore breaching the regulations.

The educator who is not maintaining the correct room ratio and is breaching the regulations, is also your friend.

Question 1
Locate and interpret the policy and procedure for ratio requirements and document the room ratio for the babies room.

Question 2
Identify the legal and ethical dilemma in this situation.

Question 3
Identify your role, rights and responsibilities in this situation.

Question 4
How would you deal with the situation when the educator is your friend, and you are the room leader?

Lorina

Re: Help please

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:05 pm

This may help:

Educator To Child Ratio

So basically what would you do? How would you talk to your friend about it? Etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

Andre

Post by Andre » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:06 am

I’m new here and don’t know where to post but was wondering if I could have any help. do you know if me being a trainee/student am allowed to change nappy without supervision?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Since you are a trainee no I don't think ethically it's appropriate for trainees to change nappies without supervision. Since you are still untrained and shouldnt be left unsupervised with the children. However, if the nappy change area is shared with another room and you are doing them at the same time as another room and there is an Educator in there with you then it shouldnt be an issue.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina