ensure the Health and Safety of children CHCCN301A

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashley
Participator
Participator

ensure the Health and Safety of children CHCCN301A

Post by ashley » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:01 pm

i am having a bit of a problem with Assessment Activity 4 supervising the safety of children
Part A
1. what are the ratios of staff to children in your room?
Number of children:
Number of staff:

the problem is i am not working in a child care centre and have not worked in one so i dont know where to get the answer from
any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks ashley

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Re: ensure the Health and Safety of children CHCCN301A

Post by mallissa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 pm

hi ashley,
for that particular assignment you are actually required to be in a childcare setting as they will check that your answers are relevant to that particular centre. Alot of the certificate 3 is based on practical experience and i am pretty sure that there is a certain amount of hours you need to fulfill. i am sorry i couldnt be of more help but every centre has different policies and ratios.
maybe try going to your local facility/s and explain that your doing your certificate 3 and need to do some practical placement. as long as you are in good health they are usually more than accommodating and will assist in any future questions about that facility you have,
good luck :D

ashley
Participator
Participator

Post by ashley » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 pm

thanks so much Mallissa i will do that some time this week, thanks again :)

sandi28
Participator
Participator

Post by sandi28 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Ashley, You DO NOT have to be in a child care setting to get the answer to your question! Each State in Australia has a website you can go to for Children's Services Regulations. Google 'Children's Services Regulations (and add your state) to find ratios. Your teacher is looking for your knowledge of your State's regulations. ;)

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Post by mallissa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:51 pm

hi sandi, not meaning to sound rude but are you sure because when i used the ratio that was in my states regulations they asked if that was the ratio our centre was operating on. because the question stated "at your centre". just a bit curious thats all :)

sandi28
Participator
Participator

Post by sandi28 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes you are right sorry about that. My assignment is a bit different.

ashley
Participator
Participator

Post by ashley » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:51 pm

thanks for all your help guys i appreciate it, the assignment is done and is being marked
thanks again