Definition OF Ethical Dilemma & Conflict Of Values & Morals

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kazvan

Definition OF Ethical Dilemma & Conflict Of Values & Morals

Post by kazvan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 pm

just a question i have just started my cert 111and want to make sure i am on the right track define ethical dilemma is the definition conflict of values and morals
thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Definition OF Ethical Dilemma & Conflict Of Values & Morals

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Kazvan,

Yes, your definetly on the right track and you have come up with a great definition :D .

Here is some more info I found on your question ( I got it from Wikipedia).

An ethical dilemma is a situation that will often involve an apparent conflict between moral imperatives, in which to obey one would result in transgressing another. This is also called an ethical paradox since in moral philosophy, paradox plays a central role in ethics debates. For instance, an ethical admonition to "love thy neighbour as thy self" is not always just in contrast with, but sometimes in contradiction to an armed neighbour actively trying to kill you: if he or she succeeds, you will not be able to love him or her. But to preemptively attack them or restrain them is not usually understood as loving. This is one of the classic examples of an ethical decision clashing or conflicting with an organismic decision, one that would be made only from the perspective of animal survival: an animal is thought to act only in its immediate perceived bodily self-interests when faced with bodily harm, and to have limited ability to perceive alternatives.

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethical_dilemma

Just thought I add it, just so you can confirm it with your definition.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
L.A

kazvan

Re: Definition OF Ethical Dilemma & Conflict Of Values & Morals

Post by kazvan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 pm

thankyou so much nice to have a bit of reassurance :D