Current Legislation In Children's Services

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Current Legislation In Children's Services

Post by MJ1991 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi all,

I recently completed and handed in my "Work within a Relevant Legal and Ethical Framework" Unit.
I got an email from my trainer saying that overall i did very well but i need to resubmit the first question. When I started that assignment and saw the first question i got really confused and frustrated as the question was kind of vague in what it was asking for, anyways I put the research and reading in to it and worked really hard to come up with an answer that seemed like it was right. Even now I don't really understand why it would need resubmitting so if any one could help me see where I've gone wrong and maybe even point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.

Question:
What is the current legislation in children’s services

Answer:
To operate a licensed education and care service, all services, including centre-based and home-based must comply with a defining set of legally binding minimum standards known as The Children’s Services Regulations National Legislation.

Thank you for reading this post and any help given
Melanie
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: Current Legislation In Children's Services

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 am

I think you just worded it wrong it is:

Education and Care Services National Regulations

:geek:,
Lorina

MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Re: Current Legislation In Children's Services

Post by MJ1991 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thanks for your help, ended up reading through my work book a few more times and found the answer.

The answer I resubmitted was:

The National Quality Framework (NQF) operates under an applied law system, consisting of the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations. The NQF applies to most long day care, family day care, outside school hours care and preschools/kindergartens in Australia.

I received an email from my trainer this morning letting me know that my resubmitted answer was correct.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Melanie