CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Grace - Support and Reporting

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
muffin

CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Grace - Support and Reporting

Post by muffin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 pm

hi with case study 3 in CHCPRT001

Case study 3
Grace is a two year old girl who has recently enrolled in your service. She is an extremely quiet child who has no siblings at home. Her parents separated shortly before she started attending the service and you have yet to meet her father. As the weeks go by you attempt to draw Grace out of her shell, but she remains distant and withdrawn. Her favourite thing to do is to sit in book corner and leaf through the books. When you present her with play dough or toys, she merely stares at them blankly, as though she doesn’t know how to utilise a toy.
Grace has such a bad stutter when she talks that it is almost impossible to understand her. The only time that you see Grace exhibit any form of strong emotion is when the children raise their voices at each other. When this occurs she will cover her ears with her hands and cry uncontrollably.
You have noted that Grace doesn’t appear to have any separation anxiety from her mother, and shows no overt joy at her mother’s arrival to collect her in the afternoons. When you raise your concerns about Grace’s lack of social and play skills, Grace’s mother just shrugs her shoulders and says that she’s stupid. When Grace is in her mother’s presence she never speaks or makes eye contact with her.

Question : What type of support might Grace need to overcome the effects of the abuse?

My answer:
1 - Modify toys and equipment which can make Grace to stick with and get interest to play.
2 - Make small changes in your child care environment. Slight adjustments in your child care environment may make the time that a child with special needs spends with you easier and more enjoyable for everyone
3 - Model appropriate behaviours. Children with special needs are sometimes timid about playing with others. If I might play a game with Grace and show him, how by being play partner myself, he becomes more comfortable and then I can invite other children to join your play activity.

Question : List the steps, or draw a diagram outlining the steps, you would need to take to make a report. Ensure the steps are consistent with your state or territory reporting process and your service’s child protection policies and procedures.

My answer:
There are 2 sections that have to be used to make a report.
1. Step by step to making report to child production or child first. According to child first or child production, there are 4 important steps been applied to make a report.
• Respond to concerns
• Forming a belief on reasonable grounds
• Make a referral to Child First
• Make a report to Child Protection

2. All the contact numbers in Victoria

Question : Even if you are not a mandatory reporter, what principle of law requires you to make a report and why?

My answer : Evaluation of the 2006 Family Law Reforms highlighted the prevalence of a history of family violence among separated parents. To make the report to safe the child from further calm and emotional abuse.

can you please make sure i got the right aswers for these qustions. thank you

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Grace - Support and Reporting

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 am

Types of support:

- Build positive and trusting relationships with Grace (sit with her while she looks through the books, read to her, look at the pictures together, talk to her about what's happening in the story.
- Offer opportunities for her to play with the children (hold her hand and get her to join in, ask children to invite her to play)
- Engage with her during activities so she knows how to utilise the materials/items on offer.
- Talk about feelings during group time, how we can sometimes feel sad and angry etc.

Reporting:

Reporting Obligations

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

muffin

Post by muffin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:48 pm

hi

it gave me lots of ideas and thank you for your support.

Kunj92

Post by Kunj92 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi there,
i have recently joined your Aussie Children network and so like others even i need a little help from you. will really appreciate if you do.
the questions are related to the Scenario that's mentioned above and they are:
1. What type(s) of abuse or neglect do you think might be occurring?
i am a little stuck here as i cant figure out what type of abuse Grace might be going through. would you plz help me?
And also with this one plz.
4.List the steps, or draw a diagram outlining the steps, you would need to take to make a report. Ensure the steps are consistent with your state or territory reporting process and your service's child protection policies and procedures.
will be waiting for your reply :)

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Kunj