CHCPRT001 - IDENTIFY AND RESPOND TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AT RISK

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
NykiW

CHCPRT001 - IDENTIFY AND RESPOND TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AT RISK

Post by NykiW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi,

Currently working on formative assessment activity 1 Q3 Describe what non-invasive questions are and provide an example of how you can use these types of questions when communicating with children and young people. (150–200 words)

This is my response so far :

Non-invasive questions are questions that are one-ended ,and are not leading or pushy. Using this type of questioning ensures that the child will keep talking to you. This can help establish trust and lead to long term meaningful communication in the long run .

In my written text , there is really only a paragraph that touches on this , and doesn't really explain much.

Is anyone able to help me further , or point me in the direction of some helpful websites.

Thanks

Nyki :D

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - IDENTIFY AND RESPOND TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AT RISK

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes. you're on the right track with your response.

This may also help:

Non Leading Questions

:geek:,
Lorina

leahrp

Post by leahrp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 pm

hello im working on the same assessment i would love to have assessment buddy that could help throughout my diploma i am new to this aussie childcare network page so unsure our to post any of my questions that i am stuck with

would love to hear back form you soon :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Leah,

Welcome! You're more than welcome to post your questions and I'm happy to assist you with them.

In regards to this assignment, what questions are you stuck on? What do you need help with?

:geek:,
Lorina

leahrp

Post by leahrp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:34 pm

hi lorina,

i hope you are well,

Im stuck on a few questions!

question 1

List eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years. Why are these guidelines important, in particular, with regard to dental health? 300–320 words

question 2

Research what a code of ethics is and describe its importance in a child care setting. (100–150 words

leahrp

Post by leahrp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Answer, in detail (approximately 1,000 words), these two questions:

Are takeaway and processed (convenience) foods nutritious for children? List some of the foods that would come under the headings of processed or takeaway type foods. Outline the health problems associated with popular takeaway foods.
What foods can be used to replace these types of food in a child’s diet—and in particular, in a child care situation?

leahrp

Post by leahrp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 pm

hi guys,

Needing a hand with a few questions

Explain what it means to say that child/ young person-focused work practices should be employed. Consider this in terms of assessing a child/ young person’s current situation and determining actions that should be taken to remove the child from harmful situations or to prevent the risk of harm. (200 words)

List eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years. Why are these guidelines important, in particular, with regard to dental health? 300–320 words

Research what a code of ethics is and describe its importance in a child care setting. (100–150 words)

i hope i can get the help i need

firefly

Post by firefly » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:09 pm

Hi Lorena,
I am having trouble with my assignment, i am working on the role play, i need to ask questions about Justin and i am not sure what questions to ask. these are the things i have to do.. i think...

Justin is a 4 year child in daycare and has begun showing signs that have raised questions. my assignment is to

You are to talk to Justin, who is sitting in a corner playing with a soft toy.
Try to gain Justin's trust so you can find out more information about his disclosure.
As Justin discloses to you what has happened, you must listen, ask questions and talk to him about how he can be safe.
Take handwritten notes of this discussion. You will hand these in as part of your assessment.

Could you please help me finish this assignment
Regards
Anne

meghansquared

Post by meghansquared » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:03 pm

Hi guys,

Needing a bit of help with this question on my assignment.

8. Understanding the child has been abused, how would you respond to a child, without leading them, who is struggling to find the words to communicate that they have been the subject of abuse?

My answer: I would remain calm and reassure the child that they are doing the right thing by telling me. I would ask non-leading questions to help them find their words (e.g. “I can see that you have a bruise across your tummy, can you tell me how that happened?”)

My assessor has marked this as half correct asking for me to add resources I could use for a child struggling to communicate. I'm a bit lost as I can't find anything in my reading and worry that visuals and other resources you would normally use could be seen as leading as this is a disclosure.

Any help is appreciated!