CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ammy2109

CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by ammy2109 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi, I need help with this case. can you check my answer please? and my Q2? Also i don't really understand question 3. Thank you

Case study
Rowena has been an assistant educator for the past 4 years. Over this time, she has proven herself to be a great addition to the team and valuable skills as an assistant.

Sine the beginning of the year, Marjorie (teacher) has noticed that she has taken a liking to one particular child Leon. Leon is an outgoing child, who also attracts the attention of the other children in the group. Rowena often joins in with the activities that Leon is completing, and Leon also seems to like the attention of Rowena. He often seeks Rowena out to help him if he needs it.

It’s always been practice for children help with preparing the information needing to go home with families each day. Usually this is done by Rowena, and she takes 2 children with her to the back of the administration area to assist. This take takes around 10 minutes and involves them helping to fold fliers and place these in home packets. As the children make a bit of noise, Rowena generally chooses the time when administration staff are on lunch so their noise doesn’t disturb anyone.

The entire administration area is clearly visible to the other staff through the large glass windows. However last month, Rowena decided it would be great to decorate two of these windows. She took a group of children with her and they used acrylic paint to paint a mural. She encouraged children to fill up every piece of glass and as a result, the back section of the administration area is now no longer visible except from the front of the administration area.

Lately, Marjorie noticed that Rowena takes Leon to the administration area more and more. Last week she took Leon on his own. While Marjorie noticed they were gone for what seemed like a long time, she didn’t take much notice of the time they left so couldn’t be sure. When Rowena and Leon re-joined the group, Leon was happy and seemed to have enjoyed the experience. Yesterday, Rowena did the same. Marjorie tried to see what was going on, but couldn’t see through (and couldn’t leave the group to check because on-one else was there to supervise the children). Marjorie could hear lots of laughing and chatting in low tones, but couldn’t make out what they were talking about.

Today, Rowena attempted to take Leon on his own again. Marjorie intervened and suggested she take someone else instead. Rowena seemed really disappointed and decided to take no one this time saying she wanted to get the job done quickly. Although Marjorie doesn’t think anything untoward is happening in with Leon, she feels uneasy. Marjorie decides not to worry about this situation as Rowena is a well-respected staff member and Leon is not showing any behaviour to indicate something unprofessional is occurring.

Q1: Outline the concerns you have about Rowena's behaviour.
answer - she alway takes children with her to the back of the administration area.
- she decided to decorate that area.
- she like to takes leon to that area more and more.

Q2: Outline the concerns you have about Marjorie's Behaviour.

Q3:If you were Marjorie, describe what action you'd make to ensure child focused work practices and to protect children from possible risk of harm. Consult your workplace's child protection policy/procedure before answering.
answer - i'll record information in my book and i'll talk to Rowena first that she can't take the children to that area because no one can see what happening over there but if she still doing that so i need to tell my supervisor and centre manager

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your response.

Q2:
- Majorie couldn't view the administration area where Rowena and Leon were.
- When Rowena painted her mural Majorie didn't intervene.
- Majorie should have told Rowena to take another child instead of Leon by himself.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

ammy2109

Re: CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by ammy2109 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

Thank you Lorina