chcpr301a: provide experience to support childrens play and learning-music experience

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jaismum

chcpr301a: provide experience to support childrens play and learning-music experience

Post by jaismum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am

hi, i need help someone:

Not sure how to start this assignment: COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING MUSIC TASK-
1. PLAN THREEE MUSIC/ MOVEMENT EXPERIENCES FROM ONE OF THE AGE GROUPS: BABIES-18MNTHS, TODDLERS 18 MTHS - 2 YEARS, AND 3.5-5 YEARS.
2. RECORD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION- GIVE AS BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE MUSIC EXPERIENCES- SING SONGS..
TAGRET AGE GROUP-
I need to put this on an A4 sheet, not sure how to go about it?
Does this mean I should do pictures of instruments and then explain how they played with them, banging, singing, jumpimg etc..
THEN OTHER QUESTIONS ARE;
HOW TO SETTLE CHILDREN ?, HOW DO I ORGANISE THE ROOM?, HOW TO INTRODUCE THE INSTRUMENTS?, WHAT WILL THE CHILDREN DO IN THE MIDDLE?, HOW TO CONCLUDE THE EXPRIENCE?, HOW DO I KEEP THE CHILDREN FOCUSED ON TASK,???
I would really appreciate some ideas...
thanks heaps...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: chcpr301a: provide experience to support childrens play and learning-music experience

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

eg a music experience for 3.5 - 5 yr olds could be getting them to clap or tap wooden sticks to a beat, putting on simple music and getting them to dance to it or follow movements you make etc

It says PLAN so you need to write what experience you would provide for the child

I do not quite comprehend question 2 .... can you write it out exactly as it is in your assignment

as to the other parts well think about it from the viewpoint u r a teacher and you are doing this with a group of children... then answer the questions
eg how to keep children focused ..... you would keep the experience timed so that it lasts as long as that particular age group can focus on, so for babies the experiences could be only a minute long where as for 3.5 - 5 it can be upto 5 mins (have just put the times in for the sake of giving u an idea on it)

try answering the questions and then post your answers and we can see if you are on the right track

good luck

jaismum

Re: chcpr301a: provide experience to support childrens play and learning-music experience

Post by jaismum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 pm

thanks for your help.
for q3. for each age group 0-18mnths-
sit with children and sing & grab hands to clap with a rattle or similar. I wld have up to 10 children and have it in a quiet room on a mat sitting in front of me with or next to me for support. I wld settle them with lots of singing.my props wld be maracas, bells, rattles. I wld begin the class with sum played music, then talk to the children with smiles and do some clapping and singing, I wld conclude this with a very slow paced song that we could just clap our hands too. not sure how I wld keep them focused tho.
I guess I wld do the same for age groups 18mnths-2yrs but a bit more up beat and more dancing and same for 3.5-5 yrs.
am I on the right track? what would u suggest ?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:13 pm

with 0 - 18mnths u r best to keep the groups smaller as 10 kids would be very hard to manage & keep focused.
Playful musical activities such as bouncing and rocking songs, wiggle and peek-a-boo games, singing, dancing, and moving is what you probably would do for this age range.
You keep them focused by keeping their interest and not making the experience too long, boredom causes loss of focus in children or if they get tired.
As they get older you can introduce beats & rhythms etc