CHCIC301D-INTERACT EFFECTIVELY WITH CHILDREN

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
janAiken
Participator
Participator

CHCIC301D-INTERACT EFFECTIVELY WITH CHILDREN

Post by janAiken » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,I need some ideas to answer the following scenarios:Thanks :)

1.Amanda(3 yrs old)takes a lot of interest in the climbing frame,but always hangs back of trying it out saying"i can't I'm scared"

My answer :I would suggest to amanda to do more physical activities so thay she will build up her confidences.

2.You are a Family Day Carer with three children,Dalia (3yrs old),Jonah(2.5 yrs)and Phil (14 months).You have developed a good relationship with each individual child,however as a group they tend to compete your attention,rather than play together.How might you go about gradually integrating and encouraging them to play together?

My ideas: I was thinking about activities that related to collaboration would be the right answer with this one.

3.Rachel (6 yrs old)invariably buttons her shirts the wrong way-un even anytime

4.Michael (2 yrs old)is riding on a tractor.The wheels get stuck and he struggles impatienly to free them getting more and more upset

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301D-INTERACT EFFECTIVELY WITH CHILDREN

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey Tonie,

The responses you wrote for the questions are definitely on the right track... you just may want to extend on each of them by providing a little more details but other than that they are fine!

Rachel (6 yrs old)invariably buttons her shirts the wrong way-un even anytime

Provide opportunities for Rachel to practice by proving buttoning activities with bigger buttons and also activities to develop hand/eye co-ordination and fine motor skills.

Michael (2 yrs old)is riding on a tractor.The wheels get stuck and he struggles impatienly to free them getting more and more upset

Tell him that it will be ok and that you will help him with his wheels. Provide guidance to Michael about how to move tractor so his wheels get unstuck. Otherwise you can gently help him by pushing his tractor to get unstuck. Provide lots of encouragement when he finds a task difficult and offer support.

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

janAiken
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCIC301D-INTERACT EFFECTIVELY WITH CHILDREN

Post by janAiken » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks L.A