CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
beck____

CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers

Post by beck____ » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 pm

Help I am stuck on question 4, now thinking I haven't answered question 3 properly. Think I need a break :-) :giggle:

3. Identify five strategies that you as an educator would use to develop relationships with babies/toddlers and their families and briefly explain why they are important. As part of your response include how an educator would:
• Offer relaxed physical contact
• Respond positively to exploratory behaviour
• Use comfort items from home in the care of babies and toddlers.

Relationships with families and children are very important to ensure that we can meet the needs of individual children and their families. Quality care means we strive to become part of a partnerships with families with our shared goal being the growth and development of their child.
Some methods I would use are to offer positive comments to a child (getting down to their level, hand on shoulder) ie “Sally, I love your sandcastle, look how high it is”
Offer favourite activities that a parent has mentioned a child enjoys from home, this might include bringing something. Ie Lisa loves to lie holding her favourite doll at rest time.
Offer contact at times of distress – “I can see you are upset Lisa, would you like a hug”
Give children a chance to extend themselves during playtime. Ie. A crawling child might enjoy being able to crawl to see the interesting items placed a little further than they normally crawl too.
Offer opportunities for children to have a voice “What do you think we could put in the sandpit”
Offer opportunities for children to offer feedback “What did you enjoy the most today”

4. Outline and reflect on the methods you could use to develop relationships with babies and toddlers.

Be available – This means being available to the child or parent ie. Being able to offer a hug a drop off, offering to call parent a little later to offer how their child is going.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:33 am

You're on the right track!

This will also help:

Forming Relationships With Children

:geek:,
Lorina

AmyP8720

Post by AmyP8720 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:15 am

•• Assist toddlers with toileting
• Assist toddlers during mealtimes
• Respond appropriately to toddler signs and cues
• Prepare and settle toddlers for sleep
• Monitor and encourage age-appropriate physical exploration and gross motor skills

Harrowhark

Post by Harrowhark » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:39 pm

beck____ wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 pm
Help I am stuck on question 4, now thinking I haven't answered question 3 properly. Think I need a break :-) :giggle:

3. Identify five strategies that you as an educator would use to develop relationships with babies/toddlers and their families and briefly explain why they are important. As part of your response include how an educator would:

4. Outline and reflect on the methods you could use to develop relationships with babies and toddlers.

How did you go with this one?

I'm finding it a bit of a struggle to answer question 4 after finally answering question 3, I feel like they are asking the same thing in both questions. I've done the strategies for question 3, where I've pretty much described each one, but maybe I need to dial back on the detail and save it for question 4?

So instead, I could write, for example, when offering physical contact:

Question 3 - identify strategies

- I would offer the child a hug when they're upset, or hurt, or offer my lap to sit on while we read a story together. I feel like answering q3 as I have in this example isn't enough 'detail' - What I have actually got as my answers for each strategy in q3 is way more than this though, like a paragraph.

Question 4 - outline & reflect on the methods

- I would pick up baby, hold them close in my arms, gently rock them, and use words of comfort, such as "shhh, it's okay, I'm here" and rub their back, etc. - maybe add just a bit more detail?

Has anyone got any thoughts or advice? Just to nudge me in the right direction, or break it down for me? I know I have all the information in me, it’s just I’m not sure if I’m answering it the right way and how they’re asking – I've been at it for a week now.

I'll likely email the early childhood section at TAFE if I'm still stuck in a few days and check in with them as well.

JamesDacomb

Post by JamesDacomb » Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 am

beck____ wrote:

Relationships with families and children are very important to ensure that we can meet the needs of individual children and their families. Quality care means we strive to become part of a partnerships with families with our shared goal being the growth and development of their child.
Some methods I would use are to offer positive comments to a child (getting down to their level, hand on shoulder) ie “Sally, I love your sandcastle, look how high it is”
Offer favourite activities that a parent has mentioned a child enjoys from home, this might include bringing something. Ie Lisa loves to lie holding her favourite doll at rest time.
Offer contact at times of distress – “I can see you are upset Lisa, would you like a hug”
Give children a chance to extend themselves during playtime. Ie. A crawling child might enjoy being able to crawl to see the interesting items placed a little further than they normally crawl too.
Offer opportunities for children to have a voice “What do you think we could put in the sandpit”
Offer opportunities for children to offer feedback “What did you enjoy the most today”

Be available – This means being available to the child or parent ie. Being able to offer a hug a drop off, offering to call parent a little later to offer how their child is going.
I think you are worrying for nothing, your answers are very good

JamesDacomb

Post by JamesDacomb » Wed May 31, 2023 6:39 pm

JamesDacomb wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 am
beck____ wrote:

Relationships with families and children are very important to ensure that we can meet the needs of individual children and their families.At LCL Australia, the adventure begins the moment you step into our virtual world. Prepare to be dazzled by our vast selection of top-notch games, https://lclaustralia.org/ handpicked to cater to every taste and preference. From classic slots to cutting-edge live dealer games, we've got it all! Our state-of-the-art graphics and immersive sound effects will transport you straight into the heart of the action.”

I think you are worrying for nothing, your answers are very good
I wanted to know if your answers fit? I have a very similar task.