CHCECE013 Observation checklists

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ishy

CHCECE013 Observation checklists

Post by ishy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Hello,

I am doing CHCECE013. Part of the assignment is to complete different observations on a child at a childcare centre and then write up a report. The centre I am going to is not using any 'checklists', they are doing most of their observations using the app 'Kept Me'. I would really like to use as many different observation methods as I can for the assignment.
The centre said that they are happy for me to use a checklist as part of my assignment. I have been searching for different observation checklist that apply to the EYLF, looking for ones that could be about Gross Motor, Fine Motor and/or Emotional and/ or Social Development checklists but I have been unable to find any. The age of the child I am observing is 2.5.
Does anyone know where I could find any checklists?
I have started to make up my own one for Gross Motor that I am basing on Developmental Milestones.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Lorina

Re: CHCECE013 Observation checklists

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Since the EYLF, checklists haven't been used as Educators refer to the EYLF outcomes as goals or achievements for each child's learning and development.

We do have developmental milestones available here for reference, which can be printed and used as a checklist. However, I would recommend you using the EYLF outcomes instead:

Child Development

:geek:,
Lorina