CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sheena96

CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Post by sheena96 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:55 am

Hello,
I am just wondering if these answers make sense and I'm on the right path with the answers.

Part 1- Identifying the learning frameworks

Question 1
Name the two approved national learning frameworks applicable in Australia.
Answer: 1 - Early Years Learning Framework.
2 – My Time, Our Place.

Question 2
What is the web address for these two learning frameworks?
Answer: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/

Question 3
Describe the difference between the two approved learning frameworks.
Answer: The difference between the two learning frameworks is the age groups. The early years learning framework applies to 0 – 5 years old. My time our place is in relation to children school aged.

Question 4
List the other approved learning frameworks used in other states of Australia.
Answer:
Australia Capital Territory: Every chance to learn – curriculum framework for ACT schools preschool to year 10.
Tasmania – the Tasmanian curriculum, department of education of Tasmania, 2008.
Victoria: The Victorian early years learning and development framework.
Western Australia: The curriculum framework for kindergarten to year 12 in Western Australia.

Reference: The early childhood educator for Certificate 3 Edition 2 Lorraine Walker, Shelagh Miller.

Question 5
Describe how your responsibilities as a Certificate III trained educator are related to the NQF, NQS and the learning frameworks.
Answer: Making sure I enhance the quality of care I provide for children. The learning outcomes of the children are constantly improving. I must demonstrate an understanding when carrying out my duties of the framework and standards and making sure I am regulating them.

Question 6
a) Who is involved in implementing the learning framework in a children’s services centre?
Answer: Everyone who is an employee in the center – Early Childhood Educator: Certificate 3 level, room leader, supervisor, director, cook and cleaners.
b) What are their roles in implementing the learning framework? (How do they implement it?)
Answer: Employees of education and care services must be constantly reviewing and planning experiences that emphasize all areas of the framework. Examples of this could be greeting the families when they come into the centre, having observations conducted by the room leaders and monthly staff meetings.

Part 2 - Principles and practices of the learning framework

For this task you will need to access a copy of Being, Becoming and Belonging: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
You are required to investigate how the framework is applied to support children’s learning and answer the following questions..

Question 1
Define the following terms used throughout the framework:

• “Educators” Answer: early childhood practitioners who work directly with children in early childhood settings.

• “Learning outcome” Answer: a skill, knowledge or disposition that educators can actively promote in early childhood settings, in collaboration with children and families.

• Early childhood settings” Answer: long day care, occasional care, family day care, multi purpose Aboriginal Children’s Services, preschools and kindergartens, playgroups, creches, early intervention settings and similar services.

• “Pedagogy” Answer: early childhood educator’s professional practice, especially those aspects that involve building and nurturing relationships, curriculum decision making teaching and learning.

• “Scaffold” Answer: the educator’s decisions and actions that build on children’s existing knowledge and skills to enhance their learning.

• “Intentional teaching” Answer: involves educators being deliberate, purposeful and thoughtful in their decisions and action. Intentional teaching is the opposite of teaching by rote or continuing with traditions simply because things have ‘always’ been done this way.

Reference: https://docs.education.gov.au/system/fi ... tralia.pdf
Question 2
List the pedagogical practices used to promote children’s learning
Answer: adopting holistic approaches
Being responsive to children
Planning and implementing learning through play
Intentional teaching
Creating physical and social learning environments that have a positive impact on children’s learning
Valuing the cultural and social contexts of children and their families
Providing for continuity in experiences and enabling children to have successful transition
Assessing and monitoring children’s learning to inform provision and to support children in achieving learning outcomes
Reference: https://docs.education.gov.au/system/fi ... tralia.pdf
Question 3
a) Describe the purpose of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Answer: Informing each child of their legal rights and how they have a voice to speak up and input their opinion in relation to decisions involving them. Making sure that each child is protected against danger and is safe, happy and healthy.

b) How does this relate to the EYLF?
Answer: Each key area of the five outcomes of the EYLF is connected to the United Nation’s convention on the rights of the child. The document is there for the purpose of caring for each child and making sure they are cared for, their learning outcomes are specific to the child and extended to the full potential and they have a platform to speak.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:51 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your responses! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

sheena96

Post by sheena96 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:02 am

Thankyou Lorina,
for responding i've been worrying for ages if I was right.
Regards Sheena

shergill

Post by shergill » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 am

Recognised frameworks currently used in Australia.

shergill

Post by shergill » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:14 am

In your own words describe the two functions of the Early Years Learning framework in relation to children’s education and care
Use the educators Belonging,Being and Becoming:Educators Guide to the Early Years Learning Frameworks for Australia to guide your response

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:51 pm

shergill wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:14 am
In your own words describe the two functions of the Early Years Learning framework in relation to children’s education and care
Use the educators Belonging,Being and Becoming:Educators Guide to the Early Years Learning Frameworks for Australia to guide your response

This will help:
Educators Guide

Lorina

buskarhun

Post by buskarhun » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Belonging’, ‘Being’ and ‘Becoming’reflected and embedded within the framework

Kara91

Post by Kara91 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:57 pm

Name the 2 nationally approved’ learning frame works used to promote and support children’s learnings?

I have answered with
1) being, Belonging and becoming the early years leaning framework - EYLF
2) my time, my Place: Frame work for school aged care

It’s questions 2 and 3 I’m stuck on wording?

2) name the other approved (also called jurisdiction-specific) learning frame work?

3) choose 1 of the nationally approved frameworks noted in question 1 and the other approved leaning frame work noted in question in 2 and list (2) differences between them?
List the (2) frameworks chosen below:

List (2) differences between the two approved frameworks:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:09 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

For the Q2 and Q3, the following will help:Approved learning Frameworks

Hope this helps!

Lorina

haze_9229

Post by haze_9229 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 pm

Hi, I've gone pretty well so far with this assignment, but I'm stuck on the following question. Are you able to help me with finding an example please?

Question: Complete the table below (inserted as image) Give one (1) example of something that they do at the service, that is in keeping with what is required under the National Law and Regulations. See the example for guidance.
example.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:28 pm

- An example can be children can have their own drink bottles on a trolley that they can access throughout the day.

- Another idea will be to have a water jug with cups that children can access when children want water. Once they use a cup they can be put into a container and once filled cups can be washed.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

haze_9229

Post by haze_9229 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:35 pm

Thanks Lorina.

Unfortunately, it is requesting a new example unrelated to the one in the table.

I need to think of a different work practice and then state which learning outcome and regulation applies to it.

I'm completely new to the Early childhood sector, so I'm struggling without having to read through the full regulations and EYLF in detail and figure out how to link them.

I hope I explained that well.

Thanks so much for your help, it's much appreciated!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:03 pm

It's good to have a read of the Regulations and the EYLF. It will definitely help you understand the EYLF as well as what is what your responsibilities are in regard to the Regulations. You will need to be pretty thorough in the EYLF so you may need to give it a read a few times to fully grasp it.

Another example would be:

Children should have an opportunity to sleep and rest throughout the day.

Regulations:

A nominated supervisor of an education and care service must take reasonable steps to ensure that the needs for sleep and the rest of the children being educated and cared for by the service are met, having regard to the ages, development stages and individual needs of the children.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

haze_9229

Post by haze_9229 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks Lorina, I was just worried I wouldn't have time to read through them all and make sense of it before my weekend deadline as I have a teething 6 month old at the moment, so there's zero sleep happening at my house!

Thanks so much for your help. I had a read through and actually wrote out the following example before I received your reply, which I hope is sufficient.

Work Practice: Educators update KindyHub for each child, recording their daily involvement in activities and their progress against the learning outcomes.

EYLF: Outcome 4 – Children are confident and involved learners

Regulation 74: Documenting of child assessments or evaluations for delivery of educational program

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:03 pm

I completely understand!

I have a very very active 2-year-old running around mine at the moment! :giggle: You'd think the older they get the more docile but nope - more chaos! LOL

Yes, your example is good!

Hopefully, you get some sleep!

Lorina

Ellenel

Post by Ellenel » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:54 pm

Hello,

Can someone help me with this? I'm stuck in this question, Please100x

At your service you have a 12-year-old child who you wish to support with their wellbeing. Identify the curriculum framework, and the learning outcome that would use to inform you and also give three strategies you could apply to do so.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:24 am

So for a 12 year old it would be MTOP.

You can find more info here:

MTOP Outcomes

In regards to wellbeing strategies:

You can find examples here:

Outcome 3

Lorina

Ellenel

Post by Ellenel » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:40 pm

Thanks Lorina

Ellenel

Re: CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Post by Ellenel » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Hello,
I need some help with this please! :( Thanks

What strategies could lead educators use to implement the learning framework in their program? e.g. interactions with children, non-stereotyped visual arts experiences, collaboration between educators or incorporating sustainability. Please choose one (1) or a similar topic