CHCECE006 - Positive Techniques & Strategies To Support Behaviour

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

CHCECE006 - Positive Techniques & Strategies To Support Behaviour

Post by ilanafritz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Dear Lorina
I am doing once a week work placement and I wrote to you I've difficulties at completing the tasks Identify the positive techniques and strategies that are used to guide behavior that you have observed on work placement. I have a support teacher, but I don't get much help at all in the work placement. I observed at a child care centre the positive techniques, but I am not sure if I am on the right track. Would you be so kind to help me please at rewriting what I wrote.
Before the children were invited to listen to a story, the educator said "Lets pack away the toys together." They sat in the book corner ready to hear a story about "Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman and Beny Cart. Before starting to read, the educator asked the children what day it was, the month, the day and the weather. She asked the children who would like to come out and show to place the sun on the weather chart. Lilian placed the sun on the weather chart and the educator praised her at saying "Well done." She started reading a story about "Aliens Love Underpants" and she asked questions eg "Did anyone see aliens?" "What do they eat?" The children replied "Yes we did see aliens." The educator smiled and asked are you sure you have seen aliens? and said "Well, I've never seen Aliens. After reading the Aliens Love Underpants the educator selected another book about Aliens. After the educator finished reading the two stories she told the children to wash their hands for lunch.

Record how you have successfully implemented a positive guidance technique within your service.
Lilian (3 year old) was playing the drum and Cara wanted to have a go, but Lilian didn't finished playing. I got down on Cara's level and I told Cara you need to wait for your turn and I told her use your words and ask Lilian if you can have a turn as well.
Cara co-operated.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCECE006 SUPPORT BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE

Post by ilanafritz » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi Lorina
Would you be so kind to let me know, please to answer the questions, for me. Identify the positive techniques that are used to guide behavior that you have observed on work placement.
Record how you have successfully implemented a positive guidance technique within your service.
Thank you.
Regards
Anne

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:45 am

Lilian (3 year old) was playing the drum and Cara wanted to have a go, but Lilian didn't finished playing. I got down on Cara's level and I told Cara you need to wait for your turn and I told her use your words and ask Lilian if you can have a turn as well.
Cara co-operated.

Yes, this is a good example of using positive behaviour technique. I also have provided you with a link to an article Behaviour Management In Childcare.

This article provides you with positive techniques you can use to guide children's behaviour.

:geek:,
Lorina

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Post by ilanafritz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Dear Lorina
Thank you very much at giving me the answer.
Regards
Anne