CHCECE004 - PROMOTE AND PROVIDE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
NykiW

CHCECE004 - PROMOTE AND PROVIDE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS

Post by NykiW » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:20 am

Hi , hope everyone had a amazing Easter Break. I am currently working on Activity 3 Q5 ... Explain expectations with regard to clothing and footwear for food handling. (80 words).

Am I on the right track with my answer below :D

Correct clothing is important when handling foods. It acts as personal protection and contributes to hygienic requirements.
When handling food it is required that staff wear the appropriate clothing / footwear to help not only guard themselves against accidents , but to also lessen the risk of food contamination
Workers are expected to wear hairnets , long hair is also required to be tired back . Aprons should be changed when they become dirty. Enclosed shoes should be sturdy and comfortable with a non slip sole. Loose clothing is not recommended as it can become caught on equipment, trousers offer better protection and can be easily removed in the event hot liquids are spilt on them .

Thank you

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004 - PROMOTE AND PROVIDE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Yes, good response! You're on the right track!

:geek:,
Lorina

NykiW

Post by NykiW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Thank you Lorina :)

Hope you had a fantastic Easter break

tyler2001

Post by tyler2001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

Hi, my dad is currently studying his cert III and is stuck on this question. We have tried asking all of our ECT's, the director and other staff at my centre but they don't understand the question either. We have tried googling but can only find 5 guidelines for birth to 5 not birth to 18 years. The assignment doesn't come with any readings or other information to help answer it.

The question is list eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years, why are these guidelines important, in particular, with regard to dental health? 300–320 words

Thank you in advance

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi!

I have had a search as well and like you I can only find five dietary guidelines however upon re-reading this question it says " list eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years so I'm assuming that you can list you're own 8 guidelines and why you think they are important etc.

Would this make sense in that case?

Lorina

leahrp

Post by leahrp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:18 pm

PROMOTE AND PROVIDE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS

hey ladies,

im having trouble answer this question i can't find the right answers anywhere this my last question before i submit it tonight thank you

hoping to get some good responses this question

List eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years. Why are these guidelines important, in particular, with regard to dental health? 300–320 words

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Lorina wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:49 pm
Hi!

I have had a search as well and like you I can only find five dietary guidelines however upon re-reading this question it says " list eight of the guidelines that should apply to children from birth to 18 years so I'm assuming that you can list you're own 8 guidelines and why you think they are important etc.

Would this make sense in that case?

Lorina