CHCECE003 - Scenario: Nusrah - Dressed In Long Sleeve For Warm Weather

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jesspryor
Participator
Participator

CHCECE003 - Scenario: Nusrah - Dressed In Long Sleeve For Warm Weather

Post by Jesspryor » Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 am

Hi there, im abit stuck with this question and my books are not exactly helping me very much;

QUESTION IS: Nusrah (5 years) is Muslim. She is dressed in a long woolen skirt and a long-sleeved knitted top. It is a very hot day and the child care worker, Olivia, observes that Nusrah appears uncomfortable and restricted by her clothing, so much so that she doesn’t participate in any physical activities. Olivia is mindful of Nusrah’s cultural background.
In two paragraphs, describe how Olivia should best respond to this situation to help Nusrah feel as comfortable as possible.

Im abit stuck on this as i feel i should change her into something cooler and more weather wise but then would i be disrespecting her culture and their beliefs and dress codes?
Thanks.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE003 - Scenario: Nusrah - Dressed In Long Sleeve For Warm Weather

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Maybe instead of a knitted top which can be quite uncomfortable you could recommend maybe a cotton top which may be more appropriate in the hot weather and maybe long pants instead of a woolen skirt...

:geek:,
Lorina

lilili123

Re: CHCECE003 - Scenario: Nusrah - Dressed In Long Sleeve For Warm Weather

Post by lilili123 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:30 pm

You might check a website such as club dress wholesale Dressed In Long Sleeve For Warm Weatherfor some good options that are both flattering and affordable.