chccs400a work within a legal and ethical framework

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
grumpy.k82

chccs400a work within a legal and ethical framework

Post by grumpy.k82 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 am

Scenario
what steps would be taken for this situtation

Tom and alice attend the centre three days a week. Mum enrolled both Tom and alice and only put her details on the enrolment form. Stated on the enrolment form in large writing instructions that the childrens father is not allowed to pick up the children from the centre. No custody documents were sighted or copied. On tuesday during indoor play a man turns up at the centre smelling of alcohol and appears to be in a rage. He walks right into the dolphin's room yelling "i've come to pick up my kids the bitch kidnapped them!!!"

melissa111

Re: chccs400a work within a legal and ethical framework

Post by melissa111 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Can I ask what place you are studying through? I'm studying with HBA Learning and I'm doing the same module you are and my questions are different. I have to 'prepare a document will give a new staff member a lesson on legal and ethical issues within their role' Between 300-500 words. And thats only one part of the that module. Crazy.

For your assignment I am thinking, First you'll need to calm him down before he frightens all the children. Ask him to come outside the room to talk away from the children. Enlist the help of a supervisor/director in this instance to help. Would you advise him that he is not an authorised contact and I can not let the children leave with him? He is obviously going to be very angry with that. How to proceed from there??? Very curious as to what your answer would be. Now I best get back to my assignment!

grumpy.k82

Re: chccs400a work within a legal and ethical framework

Post by grumpy.k82 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Ty so much I am doing my childcare course through aict