CHCCS400A- Gardening Project Scenario

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
summerangel

CHCCS400A- Gardening Project Scenario

Post by summerangel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Assignment: CHCCS400A- work within a relevant legal and ethical framework

hi all i am stuck on a practice task.

You have arranged an activity for the children next week that involves a gardening project. the children will be planting sunflowers into planter pots in the service garden. there will be 11 children participating in this activity. you will be taking photographs of the children carrying out this activity for the noticeboard and perhaps to be included in the service newsletter.
1. what are some things you need to do to ensure you meet a duty of care to the children participating in the activity?
i wrote: Maintain a safe work environment; follow regulations, legislation, standards and guidelines. Write a letter to inform parents of the gardening project and request written permission from the parents for any photographs that may be taken of their child and to be printed in the newsletter.

2. are there any other issues discussed in this chapter that need to be considered?
i wrote: To provide adequate and continuous supervision, ensure that hazards and risks are minimised.

just wanted to know if i am on the right track and if there is anything else that i should add

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400A- work within a relevant legal and ethical framework

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Summerangel,

I think you pretty much covered everything...The only thing I could possibly think of is just to make sure that the soil and plants you are using aren't poisonous and that none of the children have allergies to them...Also since the children will be planting in the garden it's a good idea to check for spiders etc before the children get into the garden themselves...That's all I can really think of...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

summerangel

Re: CHCCS400A- Gardening Project Scenario

Post by summerangel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Thank you L.A. i didn't even think of that