CHCCS400A - Assessment 3 Working Ethically - Work within a relevant legal and ethical frame work

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashley
Participator
Participator

CHCCS400A - Assessment 3 Working Ethically - Work within a relevant legal and ethical frame work

Post by ashley » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 pm

this is a case study that i am not to sure about. i think number 1 is her duty of care obligation. but have no idea what number 5 is. any help would be much appriciated.
ashley :)

Case study:
Cassie is supervising the preschool group in the outdoor play area when a co-worker, Dianne, calls her from inside asking for her help to move a table. Cassie is the only worker outside, but she knows her children well and thinks they’ll be fine for a few moments, while she is inside. She helps Dianne and when she is walking back outside she hears screaming. Riley one of the children in her group, had fallen from a climbing frame and was lying on the ground holding his arm.
1. what obligation did Cassie fail to meet
and 5> what shoould Cassie do next to demonstrate that she is accountable for her actions>

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCCS400A - Assessment 3 Working Ethically - Work within a relevant legal and ethical frame work

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 pm

1. yes well Cassie should not have gone inside leaving the children unsupervised. She should have told DIanne to wait or find someone else to help
2. Not sure but she would have to fill out an incident report form and state and aknowledge that she was not present on the scene at the time of the accident & left the children by themselves

ashley
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCS400A - Assessment 3 Working Ethically - Work within a relevant legal and ethical frame work

Post by ashley » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 am

cool thanks so much u really did help me

ashley
Participator
Participator

Post by ashley » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 pm

got another question i am stuck on this is in relation to working ethically.
A parent tells you not to give their 13 month old child any milk, only juice. She feels that the child has enough milk when at home. This child will not settle down with out a bottle of milk. What do you do?
A) what part of the code/s does this relate to

i have a feeling it is in relation to familes i will:
•Acknowledge the rights of the families to make decisions about their children
but not sure if there are other ones i am meant to put in.

any help will be muchly appriciative.

ashley :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:13 am

Hey Ashley,

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. You can also include details from the center's nutrition policy in relation to a child's daily dairy requirements. I've also attached a document about food and nutrition which should help you with your response.

[attachment=0]food_nutrition_early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps!

Also, could you please tell me the module number for this assignment so I can edit the topic heading. Next time, remember to include the module number and assignment question in the topic heading.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashley
Participator
Participator

Post by ashley » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 pm

the module number for this assignement is CHCCS400A work within a relevant legal and ethicalframe work.the assignment is Assessment 3 Working ethically

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for providing your module number for this assignment...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A