CHCCN303A- Scenario: New Child Wont Eat

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

CHCCN303A- Scenario: New Child Wont Eat

Post by Steffelz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey guys, Im stuck on the last question of this assignment, I have part of the answer but Im pretty sure I need to improve it, Im just not sure how.
The Question is:

A new child has started at your centre. Randeev is 3 years old and his parents speak English as their second language. Over the past two days, Randeev has not eaten and sits staring at the food placed in front of him. You have no idea why Randeev will not eat his food.

1. What will you do?

2. Explain the process and strategies you will use to resolve the matter.

In my opinion 1 and 2 are pretty much asking the same thing, am I right?

The answer I have so far is:

- Keep relaxed and positive and keep encouraging him to try new foods.
- Keep in mind that eating is an emotional process and when Randeev feels more comfortable and settled in his new environment, he will be more likely to try the foods that we are serving
- We can try and influence/encourage the childrens positive feelings towards mealtime experiences by interpreting each childs individual signals, giving them some choices and reacting and interacting responsively with the children.
- We could talk to the parents and express our concern and also find out what Randeevs food preferences are.
- We can find out from his parents and from our own research about his families culture/religion and any nutritional and/or dietary requirements relating to these and encorporate them into our meals at the center.

Any help would be really appreciated

Lorina

Re: CHCCN303A Scenario, new child wont eat

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Steffelz,

I found a link in this forum to another assignment question based on children eating... I'm not sure if it will help you out anyway have a look...

Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... 3173#p3173

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHCCN303A Scenario, new child wont eat

Post by Steffelz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks L.A, that has given me a few ideas :)

vajeeha

Barriers in Communication

Post by vajeeha » Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

pls if someone can help

Lorina

Re: Barriers in Communication

Post by Lorina » Fri May 17, 2013 1:42 am

vajeeha wrote:pls if someone can help
Please post your assignment question in the correct forum. Add your response/attempt so far in order to receive further support.

:geek:,
L.A