CHCCN302A – Provide Care for Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mehfuza.nazir

CHCCN302A – Provide Care for Children

Post by mehfuza.nazir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 am

hi
I have got resubmission ,i have done my best but my teacher needs more details,pls help me out

1) Jack ,9 months ,is waiting in his high chair for you to feed him.As you approach with the food ,he opens his mouth and reaches out with his hand.

my ans was:
In this situation ,it is important to be encouraging to praise,what the child is doing correctly I would positively approach Jack ,with a smile on a face,I would tell Jack that is time for lunch now and I would take a chair and sit faceing him in his high chair and with lean formed to offer him his with right hand as he open his mouth and reaches shows he is ready and hungry to eat and my response are very happy as the child is ready to eat as well.
but my teacher said:
your response to smile and say that it is time for lunch is a good start. However, Jack is showing that he wants to self feed. How are you going to encourage this? what can you offer him in terms of utensils and words?

1) The preschool children are being encouraged to write their names,or as close as possible,on their paintings.One worker bursts out laughing when Fleur writes "Flx"on her painting,takes the brush off her and corrects the spelling.

my ans was:
This response was very negative and inappropriate carers need to allow adequate time
for children to move from one activity to another,not rush them to meet the carers needs.
Children should be encouraged positively for all their attempt not criticised or laugh on them ,for example " could you like me to help you today,Fleur ,let me show you what will come after F and L , and do not force the child to accept your assistance.

my teacher said:
Do you think by saying "let me show you…." you are not giving her much choice? How else could you word this? where would you do this - on her painting or somewhere else?

And I would address the other carer ,I would ask to build a connection with child ,to be careful and appreciate in their behaviour and give positive response and encouragement about their activity.

More detail please - what exactly would you say to the carer? What do you mean by build a connection? Please give specific examples of phrase and words you would use to demonstrate your understanding of appropriate responses

Task 3: Hygiene practices
Read the following scenario and comment on how you could reassure the parent.
Blake‟s mother Cate asks to speak to you about toilet training. You can tell she is very distressed. “I‟ve been trying to train Blake for two months now and he still has no idea. I don‟t know what else to try. My daughter Jessie more or less trained herself. She asked to wear big girl‟s undies when she was 19 months old. Blake is 20 months! Do you think it‟s because he is in care and I have gone back to work? That is the only difference I can see”
Q1. What could you say and do to help support Blake‟s mother? Please list each issue you would discuss and elaborate on what you would say and why

my ans was:
I would say to help support Blake's mother that all children are different and every individual is different and every child has different needs so the only thing to do is encourage Blake to sit on a toilet and to make sure to that he must go at every half hour or 15 min so he can develop the toilet training ,making his encouragement in positive way and make a habbit at home as well as in child care.

but teacher addressed that:
you have still not addressed one of Cate's major issues, which was regarding her retune to work and Blake beginning care. Please state how you would address this with Cate.
oohhh pls help me out I really in great trouble :cry:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCCN302A – Provide Care for Children

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I may be wrong but this is how I would proceed

1. obviously the child reaching his hand out shows he wants to try feeding himself. By giving the child child size utensils you can encourage the child to eat himself even if it ends up being messy. You can talk to the child and use the names of the utensils as he picks them up and encourage him as he attempts to eat himself
2. You can ask say to Fleur "really well done, how nicely you have written the f & l ,maybe later if you want to we can learn to spell the rest of your name, would u like that?" (the choice is then hers)
You would not correct her name on the painting where she has attempted herself, you would do this on another piece of paper at a later time, ie NOT immediately after she has made the mistake
as for the carer I would def tell her that we do not laugh at a childs attempts at anything they do themselves no matter how wrong it may be, we always encourage their endevours. Every carer needs to build connections to each child, this is how we get to know the child and them us and gain their trust etc
3. honestly I would say to the parent that perhaps her going back to work does have some effect as well as him starting daycare. things like this will affect some childrens toilet training and as long as the parent & carer work together toilet training will be sucessful but sometimes the child needs to feel comfortable to be able to be in a frame of mind where they will toilet train. even a child who has been toilet trained for a while may begin having accidents again if they are stressed and for children parents going back to work or them beginning childcare can be a stress factor

hope that helps. I hope this is what u require to get thru this unit

mehfuza.nazir

Post by mehfuza.nazir » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 am

oohh thank u so much ,its really help alot ,
i am glad that i found this site,thanks again:)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 am

no probs