CHCCN302A multicultural story help

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mallissa
Participator
Participator

CHCCN302A multicultural story help

Post by mallissa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm

this is the last question i have for this assignment and i am having a bit of trouble working out what i have to do.
the question is as follows:
develop a story and create a story book that can be used to explain nutritional needs to diverse children. remember children who have language difficulties need to be able to understand your story. therefore being able to see and understand are essential elements.

can anyone please give me an idea of what i am supposed to include in the story and how i can make it multicultural. thank you :)

Lorina

Re: CHCCN302A multicultural story help

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:18 pm

I just googled "healthy food stories" and there are many children's stories available that promote healthy eating. I'll attach the link below so you can have a read of it and get an idea on the types of healthy eating stories available.

Link: http://magicfrogtales.com/5-free-short- ... and-smile/

Maybe for this particular story you could write about 4 different children in 4 different parts of the world and promote what healthy food they eat in their country. You could keep the dialogue very simple. For e.g "my name is Scott, I live in Australia. For breakfast I eat cereal, for lunch a chicken sandwich etc".

Hopefully this makes sense...just thought I'd give you an idea...

:geek:,
L.A