CHCCHILD401A - Jamelle Case Study

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mehfuza.nazir

CHCCHILD401A - Jamelle Case Study

Post by mehfuza.nazir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:54 pm

hi i m babli ,you have help me before ,pls help me this time also, I m really stuck in this question. :)

Jamelle is a 14 month old toddler. She attends the centre 3 days a week and recently her mother has been trying to get extra days at the centre for Jamelle even though she only works 2 days a week.
Jamelle is a very timid baby and does not interact with other infants during play time. It has been noted by staff that Jamelle has had several large bruises which Jamelle’s mother has explained as accidents that had occurred whilst Jamelle was attempting to walk by herself.
Jamelle often arrives at the centre wearing her night nappy, smelling strongly of stale urine, her skin appears dirty and unwashed. There is often no fresh change of clothing in Jamelle’s bag.
When Jamelle was brought into the child care centre this morning, she had bloodshot eyes and was very drowsy. Jamelle’s mother reported that Jamelle had not slept well that night and would probably need a lot of sleep today. About half an hour after her mother left, Jamelle began to vomit and experience seizures

3. Describe the actions/work practices you would take as a follow up from the report stage. In your response, discuss record keeping, parent queries regarding the notification and the needs of the child as they continuing attending the service.
4. In relation to Children and Families, what are your ethical responsibilities in this situation? (Access the Code of Ethics to support your answer

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCCHILD401A - Jamelle Case Study

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi Babli,

This question isn't that hard. Go through it again and just think of how you would handle this. Anyway, here are some hints:

1) Would you keep a record of the evidence that you gathered of the baby’s bruising, behavior and living conditions?
2) Would you record the conversations you had between the parent?
3) Would you discuss that the parent asked you for more days at the centre even though the parent only works 2 days?
4) Would you report this to DOCS?
5) Would you take the baby to a hospital?

Think about the questions and then answer the question. Post it up so I can read it for ya.

Search for "Code of Ethics" on this site. It's already been attached to one of the other forum topics.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCCHILD401A - Jamelle Case Study

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Further discussions on this question can be found here: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=35&t=729