CHC50113 - Scenario: Staff Losing Her License

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ejhh

CHC50113 - Scenario: Staff Losing Her License

Post by ejhh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

HI I have the following case study and having trouble finding information that would relate to this type of case. Needing help on where I should be heading with it. I have placed answers but not sure if I am on the write track. Thanks
Case Study
You are at the local shopping centre on the weekend when one of the parents from your service approaches you and says that one of the staff from your service has lost their license for drink-driving. This staff member has driven to work for the past week. This parent asks you not to say anything because the staff member told her this in confidence one night. The parent said that she has disclosed this to you as she is concerned for the staff members’ safety.
1. For this scenario, outline the rights and responsibilities of:

The worker who lost her license

A follow all laws and policies and procedures of the childcare centre.

The parent who disclosed the information

To report what they have been told to the police.

You as the staff member who had the information disclosed to her
To follow polices and produces and report to the nominated supervisor

Lorina

Re: CHC50113 - Scenario: Staff Losing Her License

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Regarding this scenario, the policies and procedures don't really have any outline if an educator loses their license however it's up to the educator to inform the director of the centre because it can become a serious issue if the educator gets caught driving without a license.

I don't think that the parent needs to report it directly to the police, however, disclosing it to you is probably the right thing to do so you can come up with a solution to assist the educator in getting to and from work.

Instead of telling the nominated supervisor you should approach the educator and privately have a discussion about this and come up with a solution...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Here is some more information regarding the serious of this offence:

Losing A License

:geek:,
Lorina

ejhh

Post by ejhh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks Lorina.
Just one other question if something was to happen in the car park at a centre. Is the centre held liable in anyway?