Assignment Question Help - Code of Ethics

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Courtney1994

Assignment Question Help - Code of Ethics

Post by Courtney1994 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Just need a little help with an assignment question that I got marked wrong. The question is:

'Name an Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics statement that demonstrates the important partnership with families to meet the nutritional needs of the child'

I put down the following, which was marked as wrong and the lecturer said there was a better suited answer but I just can't figure it out:

'Core principle: Partnerships with families and communities support shared responsibility for children’s learning, development and wellbeing.
In relation to families, I will:
Support families as children’s first and most important teacher and respect their right to make decisions about their children.
Listen to and learn with families and engage in shared decision making, planning and assessment practices in relation to children’s learning, development and wellbeing.'

Thankyou so much!

Lorina

Re: Assignment Question Help - Code of Ethics

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:34 am

Maybe this:

In relation to families, I will:

- support families as children’s first and most important teacher and respect their right to make decisions about their children

Just realised that's what you had and was marked wrong... weird... maybe this:

- develop respectful relationships based on open communication with the aim of encouraging families’ engagement and to build a strong sense of belonging

However, I do believe your first choice is more suited.

:geek:,
Lorina