BA in Teaching or Education? What is the difference?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
littlemonkeys

BA in Teaching or Education? What is the difference?

Post by littlemonkeys » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi I'm hopefully finishing my diploma this year. Can anyone explain the difference between a Bachelor of Teaching and a Bachelor of Education? My long time goals are to do either a Early Childhood Teacher or K-3 in primary school. I work full-time in FDC so it would be definately by correspondence!

Thank you :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: BA in Teaching or Education? What is the difference?

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 am

Simply put .....
Bachelor of Teaching is a 3 year qualification and is for 0-5
Bachelor of Education is a 4 year qualification and is 0-8 (so Grade 3)

http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/w ... ments.html

Hopefully this will help. But simply to teach Kindy you must have a 4 year qual and be a registered teacher, which you are not at the Bachelor of Teaching Level & to teach in a Primary School setting again you must have the 4 year qualification

Hope this helps.

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi ..hmmmm so does this mean that even though the industry is wanting " early childhood teachers" , getting qualified to teach 0-5 with the bachelor of teaching doesn't allow for registration as a teacher- does it mean I could still apply for positions as an ECT ? I saw the bachelor of teaching is on the approved quals list on the department of education website. :roll:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:57 am

I really am not sure. The links I gave you say a 4 yr qual is required as you must be a registered teacher to teach kindy.
I am doing the Bachelor of Teaching but only because u get 2 yrs credit if u have a Diploma. I will then do the extra year to get my Bachelor of Education. If u enrol direct in Bachelor of teaching max credit u get with a Dip of CS is year or a year and a bit.

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi- well the ECT at my work has the Bachelor of Teaching ( Early Childhood ) so I guess that's good enough for me . In my mind I am doing the diploma purely to get that advanced standing on the degree. The older I get the more I realise I love the teaching aspect of the industry and yearn to work exclusively with pre-schoolers. So it's a no- brainer decision to plough ahead I guess!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 am

If that's the case then I know UNE give you 2yrs credit if you have a Diploma if CS. So essentially you study 1 yr & you'll have the bachelor of teaching qual

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 am

http://www.une.edu.au/courses/courses/BTCHEC

giving you the link should you want to have a look

jhoan

Post by jhoan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 am

If you are asking in course and duration sense then it is up to the institute to inform you and you assess it. In other sense BA in teaching is based upon an idea to give us a better grip over submitting our knowledge and the other one is specially give us a proper idea about knowledge.

zara1200

Post by zara1200 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Both are same degrees.