Encourages children in sensorial exploration, freedom of movement and artistic expression through animal movements.
- A hula hoop for each child
- Sea creature figurines
- Small bag (for figurines)
What to do:
- Get the children to sit in a line
- Have each child hold a hula hoop out in front of them creating a tube/tunnel.
- Put the sea creatures inside the bag and ask the first child to choose one.
- The child may choose a crab (for example) and can begin moving through the tunnel of hoops like a crab.
- The first child rejoins the line of children and takes the next child's hula hoop.
- The next child take a turn choosing a sea creature and moving through the tunnel, imitating the sea creatures movement.
- Repeat until all children had had several turns.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of using Hoola Hoops you can use a tunnel for children to crawl through
- Have different types of animals such as wild animals, farm animals etc. that the child can choose from.
- Encourages child in sensorial exploration, freedom of movement and artistic expression.