Encourages children to develop flexibility and strength.
- A toy frog
What to do:
- Tell the children they are going to work together to transport this frog to his lilypad
- Split the group of children to each side of the room. Pick a child to "start". Child lays down and balances the frog on their belly and proceeds to crab walk slowly over to the other side of the room and placing the toy frog on the next child's belly.
- That child then does the crab walk over to another child and so on.
- When the frog has gone to all the children, the last child can crab walk the frog over to the "lily pad".
Hints and Tips:
- Crab Walk - child lays on their back and uses their arms (flat palms facing forward) and legs (feet flat down on the ground) to push themselves off the ground and walk around.
- Encourage children to think of different movements to "transport" the frog.