Create a light ray with this science experiment.
- A Pencil
- A Piece of Foil
- Dark Room
What to do:
- Cover the end of the torch with the foil.
- Turn on the light at the things in the bedroom.
- Poke a hole in the foil with the pencil.
The Science Factor:
The hole in the foil lets a thin beam of light through. The light travels in a straight line called a light ray. Because it is going in a straight line this makes it easier to aim the light at the objects in the bedroom.
Hints and Tips:
- Did you know, light rays are the fastest things in the whole universe.
- Ask your child to draw or write down all the things that make light.
- Candles were used before the invention of lamps.