Introduce different genres of music to baby with this simple activity.
- Stereo/Musical toys.
- A selection of different genre of songs (classical, pop, rock etc) – Use radio station.
What to do:
- Sit your baby upright or lay them down.
- Select and play a piece of music.
- Watch your baby’s reaction.
- They may kick their hands; make noises, smile or cry.
- Depending on their reaction you can choose which music baby enjoys.
Hints and Tips:
- Sit your baby in front of a mirror, so they can see their own reactions.
- Play music at different volumes to see if it has any effect on baby’s reaction. Don’t play the music too loudly as it could damage a baby’s hearing.
- While baby listens to different tunes, they will react differently to each one.
- Some tunes may even make baby laugh.
- Make a note of which tunes baby enjoys and play them often.