Create hairstyles promote imagination and creativity.
- A plastic doll head (per child).
- Shampoo (or) soap. (optional)
- A small bucket of water. (optional)
- Comb/Brush (per child)
- Hair Accessories (hair ties, elastic bands, head bands, clips etc).
- Hair Style cards (cut pictures of hair styles out of magazines and glue to cardboard).
- Hair gel
- Hair spray
- Shaving cream (optional)
What to do:
- Set the up all the items up on the table excluding the water and shampoo/soap.
- Ask the child to select a hair style card.
- Encourage the child to create the same hair style as is in the card
- If using the water, dip the dolls hair in water and add a small amount of shampoo (or) soap to the hair.
- Help your child lather dolls hair full of soap (or) shampoo.
- Your child can use the soapy mixture to shape dolly’s hair into different styles.
- When you have finished, wash the shampoo or soap out of dolls hair and air dry.
Hints and Tips:
- You could also use shaving cream in the dolls hair – this does not require water.
- A great game to play when washing your child’s hair in the bath.
- Fun birthday game for a girl’s party.
- Have a freestyle session where any hairstyle can be created.
- Look for wacky hairstyles on the net to use for the hairstyle cards.
- Be sure to watch your child around water!