Introduce wood working to develop co-ordination and creativity.
- Small hammer
- Scraps of wood
What to do:
- Set up the pieces of wood onto a table.
- Demonstrate to your child how to hammer the nails into the piece of wood.
- Encourage your child to do the same.
Hints and Tips:
- For older children, work together on simple woodwork projects like building a birdhouse or making a box for toys.
- Add pictures of wooden objects around the “wood work” area to inspire your child to create something new.
- Make sure that the wood pieces are on a flat surface and don’t move around so much while hammering.